Tuesday, June 23, 2009

All Good Things Come to those Who Wait

The weekend was a busy but productive one. At long last I finished the trim in the upstairs. And there was great rejoicing! Yea! There are flaws but I can live with them. Then it was tote all the tools and leftovers downstairs and into the garage. Finally the shop vac and I spent a couple of hours removing the saw dust and other debris. Now to put the tools and leftovers away in the garage.

The bummer was, because I had earlier moved an old chest that lives under the workbench, there was not enough room for the shop to regain its living quarters. The casters on the bottom of the chest were missing their wheels and it would not budge. Oh well, knock them off, afix a board to each end on the bottom and shove mightly. Now the vac has reclaimed its rightful place.

I was also able to re-screen two screens for the storm windows and replace the lights in one of the front trees. Christmas in June! How wonderful. There should be a bit of Christmas in every day.

But it was hot and humid. I drank and drank with almost no out flow. By days end I was tuckered out. But I felt good for getting the trim done. Now for carpet and moving on to the stairwell.

On Sunday I went to the red head's to fix her roof. She had it reshingled a couple of years ago but there was a leak. I think the roofer must have been blind to miss this. The "H" clip between two pieces of plywood was bent up on both ends and poking through the felt and all layers of shingles. I removed the damaged shingles, beat the "H" clip into the proper position and replaced the shingles. A little bit of roof cement in stratigic places and the job was done.

Her neighbor was the beneficary of several length of DWV pipe and fittings for his sewer line to his garage he is building. And a couple of more things out of my garage. Although you wouldn't think anything was removed. Its a blivit.

The day ended with nachos and a movie ( "Grand Torino" ) at my eldest daughter's for Father's Day. Both my son and other daughter were there. Could not have asked for a better end to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment